Bangladeshi pacer Tanzim Hasan Sakib told BCB that he is sorry for the things he said on Facebook, but he doesn’t want to offend anybody or be against women.
Chairman of the Bangladesh Cricket Board’s operations committee Jalal Yunus made this statement to media after a conversation with the young bowler, who has drawn criticism for his sexist social media rants decrying working women.
The member of the winning Under-19 World Cup recently made his debut for Bangladesh in the Asia Cup match against India. Bangladesh won by six runs thanks to the two important wickets he took. The cricket player was receiving a lot of praise from cricket fans at the same time that Facebook postings from earlier in the year that questioned the modesty of working women and the character of women who attend the same universities as males appeared online.
Tanjim Sakib, from the BCB’s cricket operations, has been contacted. We had alerted him about the postings he had made on Facebook. Having seen Sakib at the BCB office on Tuesday, Younus said, “He stated that he didn’t intend to hurt anyone through those posts.”
“He acknowledged his role in the misogynistic postings, but he insisted that he had nothing against women. The BCB official said, “We have advised him to exercise caution and have let him know that BCB will be keeping an eye on any more postings he makes.
When questioned whether the young cricket player will face any consequences, Younus said that the cricketer had been reminded of the BCB’s code of conduct.